Power Outage and Flood Conditions
December 2nd, 2012
Due to the rise in the Russian River, the City of Ukiah has shut down power to residents in the Oak Manor area of the City. The power is anticipated to be off until the river crests and recedes back below flood levels. City crews are working now to make sure that power in affected areas can be restored as soon as possible once the Russian River recedes.
In addition to the power outages a number of street closures are in effect.
- On Perkins Street, the street is currently closed in both directions at the Russian River Bridge.
- On Gobbi Street, the street is currently closed at Babcock Lane
- On Talmage Road, the street is currently closed in both directions at the Russian River Bridge.
City of Ukiah residents can obtain both sand bags and sand at the City of Ukiah Corporation yard which is located at 1320 Airport Road. Both the Home Depot and Mendo Mill also currently have sandbags in stock.
- City Residents can call the City of Ukiah at 707-463-6262 for additional information.
- County Residents can call the Office of Emergency Services at 467-6459 for additional information.
- Road Conditions can be obtained by calling 463-4722.
People should be prepared for flooding in low lying areas. Please use extreme caution – or avoid completely – driving in any flooded area. If at all possible, please avoid getting within 10 feet of any creek or river.
Further information about this incident can be obtained from City of Ukiah at (707) 463-6262.
By: Chief of Police – Chris Dewey END